White-fish sentence example
- The fisheries are all fresh-water, principally white-fish, pickerel and pike.
- Lake Champlain furnishes the only commerical fishing grounds in Vermont, with the exceptions of small catches of white fish in Lake Bomoseen, Lake St Catherine in Rutland county and Lake Memphremagog.
- In the rivers and lakes pike, pickerel, white fish and sturgeon supply food for the natives, and the brook trout is found in the small mountain streams. The turtle and frog also appear.
- Nearly one-half both in quantity and value are taken from Lake Michigan, and, although as many as twenty kinds are caught in considerable quantities, more than 90% of the value of the catch consists of trout, herring, white fish and perch.
- The most numerous and valuable fish are the lesser white fish (Coregonus artedi, Le Sueur), pickerel (Stizostedion vitreum, Walb.), pike (Lucius lucius, L.), and white fish (Coregonus clupeiformis, Mitchill), in the order named.Advertisement
- The fish was perfect, not oily, just meaty white fish encased in a crispy batter.
- At other times, he may buy frozen horse mackerel or even white fish that has been found dead in the trawl.
- After the middle of the 20th century the boats began to use trawl nets for white fish and prawns.
- Blood spilled at sea will turn away the white fish shoal.
- Other freshwater fish are the perch, black bass, pike, pickerel and white fish.Advertisement
- Wellness produces 100 percent human-grade dog foods and treats made with real, USDA grade, fit for human consumption, naturally preserved meats such as deboned chicken, New Zealand lamb and ocean white fish.
- Other allowable fish includes white fish such as cod, haddock and plaice, and those to avoid are fried fish and fish roe.
- Try out entrees such as fish tacos, shrimp wraps, charbroiled white fish and crab salad.