White-cedar sentence example
- In the swamps are the bald cypress, the white cedar and the live oak, usually draped in southern long moss; south of Cape Fear river are palmettos, magnolias, prickly ash, the American olive and mock orange; along streams in the Coastal Plain Region are the sour gum, the sweet bay and several species of oak; but the tree that is most predominant throughout the upland portion of this region is the long-leaf or southern pine.
- Another species of cypress (Cupressus thyoides, also known as Chamaecyparis thyoides or sphaeroidea), found in swamps in the south of Ohio and Massachusetts, is known as the American white cedar.
- Along the streams in this section are many swamps, valuable for the white cedar that they produce, or when cleared, for cranberry bogs.
- Norway pine and white cedar are sometimes used to make "log cabin" style rustic tables, leaving knots and burls untouched to ensure a unique purchase.
- If rustic country is more your style, imagine a soft leather or suede loveseat made from northern white cedar.Advertisement
- The armoires are made from Northern White Cedar logs that are hand peeled for a very rustic effect.
- A cedar log entertainment center crafted in Minnesota, called the Cayuna, is made from northern white cedar.
- The Cedar Looks collection is high quality log furniture made of white cedar.