White-cedar sentence example
- In the swamps are the bald cypress, the white cedar and the live oak, usually draped in southern long moss; south of Cape Fear river are palmettos, magnolias, prickly ash, the American olive and mock orange; along streams in the Coastal Plain Region are the sour gum, the sweet bay and several species of oak; but the tree that is most predominant throughout the upland portion of this region is the long-leaf or southern pine.
- Another species of cypress (Cupressus thyoides, also known as Chamaecyparis thyoides or sphaeroidea), found in swamps in the south of Ohio and Massachusetts, is known as the American white cedar.
- Except on the summits of the higher mountains New Hampshire was originally an unbroken forest of which the principal trees were the white pine, hemlock, sugar maple, yellow birch, beech, red oak, and white oak in the S., red spruce, balsam, and white birch on the upper mountain slopes, and red spruce, white pine, sugar maple, white spruce and white cedar in the other parts of the N.
- Along the streams in this section are many swamps, valuable for the white cedar that they produce, or when cleared, for cranberry bogs.
- Norway pine and white cedar are sometimes used to make "log cabin" style rustic tables, leaving knots and burls untouched to ensure a unique purchase.Advertisement
- If rustic country is more your style, imagine a soft leather or suede loveseat made from northern white cedar.
- The armoires are made from Northern White Cedar logs that are hand peeled for a very rustic effect.
- A cedar log entertainment center crafted in Minnesota, called the Cayuna, is made from northern white cedar.
- The Cedar Looks collection is high quality log furniture made of white cedar.