White birch sentence example
- Except on the summits of the higher mountains New Hampshire was originally an unbroken forest of which the principal trees were the white pine, hemlock, sugar maple, yellow birch, beech, red oak, and white oak in the S., red spruce, balsam, and white birch on the upper mountain slopes, and red spruce, white pine, sugar maple, white spruce and white cedar in the other parts of the N.
- The most common hardwood trees are sugar maple, yellow birch, white birch and beech; these are widely distributed throughout the state, but are for the most part too young to be cut for lumber.
- European white birch shows a good yellow autumn color.
- The bark of European white birch is beautiful and white, but does not peel in large plates as does the Northern paper birch.
- America and British Columbia, and the White Birch (B. populifolia), also a slender tree of Canada and the Northern States, with tremulous leaves like some of the Aspens.Advertisement