White-ants sentence example
- One noteworthy feature in Liberia, however, is the relative absence of mosquitoes, and the white ants and some other insect pests are not so troublesome here as in other parts of West Africa.
- It is stated to live usually in pairs, and to eat rats, birds, frogs, white ants and various insects, and in the north of India it is accused of digging out dead bodies, and several of the native names mean "grave-digger."
- The public works suffer from the ravages of white ants.
- The food consists of fruits, honey and white ants.
- The Termitidae (so-called " white ants ") are the other family of Isoptera.Advertisement
- Of insects Africa has many thousand different kinds; of these the locust is the proverbial scourge of the continent, and the ravages of the termites or white ants are almost incredible.
- Includes two families, formerly reckoned among the Neuroptera - the Embiidae and the Termitidae or " White Ants " (see Termite).