Whirr sentence example
- The tightly coiled spring was released, the clock began to whirr and the chimes to play.
- And suddenly in its depths, I heard a chirrup and the whirr of startled wings.
- wolfish dogs were so startled by the whirr, that their spirits were roused to the mischievous point.
- The four wolfish dogs were so startled by the whirr, that their spirits were roused to the mischievous point.
- Wheels creak on their axles as the cogs engage one another and the revolving pulleys whirr with the rapidity of their movement, but a neighboring wheel is as quiet and motionless as though it were prepared to remain so for a hundred years; but the moment comes when the lever catches it and obeying the impulse that wheel begins to creak and joins in the common motion the result and aim of which are beyond its ken.Advertisement
- Having a wedding without the whirr of helicopters flying overhead or paparazzi hiding in the bushes is proving to be quite the challenge for couples who are in the public eye.