Whippers-in sentence example
- Servants necessary for a pack include the huntsman, the duties of whose office a master sometimes fulfils himself; two whippers-in, an earth-stopper and often a kennel huntsman is also employed, thou h the 18th Lord Willoughby.
- The whippers-in also wear the hunt uniform and are there to assist the huntsman.
- coal whippers in the London docks in 1843 for example had to spend half their earnings with specific publicans.
- They were taking fifty-four hounds, with six hunt attendants and whippers-in.
- The whippers-in no longer set on the hounds, but changed to the cry of ulyulyu, and above the others rose Daniel's voice, now a deep bass, now piercingly shrill.Advertisement
- "A-tu!" came the long-drawn cry of one of the borzoi whippers-in, who had halted.
- Coal whippers in the London docks in 1843 for example had to spend half their earnings with specific publicans.