Whin sentence example
- In addition to forming the present parish boundary, Whin Beck was also the township boundary of Normanton.
- I found this sample when I was working in a heading that was going through a major geological fault called the whin dike.
- Planting of whin bushes on sand dunes at Jubilee Course.
- But the small number of fathers who attended at the latter town, and above all, the disquieting tendencies whin began to make themselves felt there, induced the pope to force on a dissolution of the synod.
- The parks and open spaces include Wellington Park, Well Park in the heart of the town (these were the gift of Sir Michael Shaw-Stewart), Whin Hill, Lyle Road - a broad drive winding over the heights towards Gourock, constructed as a "relief work" in the severe winter of 1879-1880.Advertisement
- The most striking of these dykes is the Great Whin Sill, which crosses the country from a short distance south of Durham almost to the source of the Tees, near Crossfell.
- This series contains the great whin sill, an intrusive quartz dolerite, which is one of the interesting features of local geology.
- These are " proper " routes on splendid whin sill.
- Some species of plants, such as petty whin Genista anglica, are found only on heathland.