Whimper sentence example
- Perhaps I was being unfair but everything we'd been able to do was close to ending with a sad whimper, due to the greed of this woman.
- The puppy let out a plaintive whimper when the girl stepped on its foot.
- She started to groan with pleasure, but it came out more an eager whimper that sent a rush of heat to her face.
- The growl of a demoness was almost a whimper.
- Even though these are virtual dogs composed of lines of code and polygons, they still tug at your heart and make onlookers coo and whimper at their cuteness.Advertisement
- Suddenly, you hear a faint electrical whimper and your screen is now pictureless and void.
- He got no response, but heard a whimper.
- When the Soviet Union dissolved only two years later, not with a bang but with a whimper, we were slack-jawed with surprise.
- Tears in her eyes, she whispered to him as she lifted him, tormented by the sound of his whimper.
- With a small whimper, Anna leaned forward, kissed the surprisingly cold signet, then silently cursed the man who wore it.Advertisement
- I most emphatically do not whimper, never have done, never will.
- A stomach which he had fallen rather into the habit of pampering of late years gave a little whimper of apprehension.
- On such shifting sands are the pensions of future generations to be built with barely a whimper of protest from Britain's trade unions.
- Andy Murray briefly raised our pulses, but then finished with a whimper and Tim Henman was more pussycat than tiger this year.
- In the average mainland " community ", the dawn raid and deportation of such a foreign national would have raised hardly a whimper.Advertisement
- Apparently, the dinosaurs let out a pathetic whimper before they became extinct.
- And it is especially undignified to whimper in print when you are wrong.
- She moved close to the bars and sat, never losing his gaze, then tilted her head and let out a soft whimper.