Whetted sentence example
- This measure only whetted Louis's appetite.
- If the preceding selections haven't whetted your appetite, the random watches here might just capture your undivided attention.
- Radio whetted regional interest and 24 interviews took place around the launch.
- It certainly whetted everyone 's appetite for when " Sutton " emerges from its overhaul.
- NEXT STEPS If the thought of those fruity sauces has whetted your appetite, discover great ways to Make Your own marinades.Advertisement
- whetted regional interest and 24 interviews took place around the launch.
- whetted everyone 's appetite for when " Sutton " emerges from its overhaul.
- 2 Nero's taste for blood thus whetted, Octavia was divorced, banished to the island of Pandateria and barbarously murdered.
- legacy he left to Russia: a principle of government which, under lofty pretensions, veiled a tyranny supported by spies and secret police; an uncertain succession; an army permeated by organized disaffection; an armed Poland, whose hunger for liberty the tsar had whetted but not satisfied; the quarrel with Turkey, with its alternative of war or humiliation for Russia; an educational system rotten with official hypocrisy; a Church in which conduct counted for nothing, orthodoxy and ceremonial observance for everything; economical and financial conditions scarce recovering from the verge of ruin; and lastly, that curse of Russia, - serfdom.
- This silence proved fatal to his popularity with moderate men, gave new adherents to the Arrabbiati, and whetted the fury of the pope, Sforza and all potentates well disposed to the Medici faction.Advertisement
- But the appetite for power of the "less people" and the dregs of the populace was whetted rather than satisfied by the installation of the riformatori in the principal posts of authority.
- To this scheme he turned with a zeal whetted by consciousness of his failure respecting the Danish fleet.