Where-d sentence example
- And where'd Byrne get the money to buy them?
- Suppose that the dielectric has a constant K, then we must multiply both sides by K and the expression for the energy per unit of volume of the field is equivalent to z DE where D is the displacement or polarization in the dielectric.
- The resistance R can thus be divided into two factors, one of which is d 2, where d denotes the diameter of the shot in inches, and the other factor is denoted by p, where p is the resistance in pounds at the same velocity to a similar I-in.
- Since the distribution of electricity may be considered to be constant over the surface S of the attracted disk, the mechanical force f on it is given by the expression,' f S(V - v)2 8 ird2 where d is the distance between the two plates.
- If then two experiments are made, first with the upper plate connected to earth, and secondly, connected to the object being tested, we get an expression for the potential V of this conductor in the form V=A(d' - d), where d and d' are the distances of the fixed and movable plates from one another in the two cases, and A is some constant.Advertisement
- An ordinary formula for obtaining it is 1 S for highpressure engines, and S for condensing engines, where D is the diameter of the piston in inches and S the length of the stroke in feet, though varying numbers are used for the divisor.
- It is shown that thermal entropy can be given by: (3) where D S v is the molar thermal entropy.