Wheaten sentence example
- The great majority of the people are unused to wheaten bread, using the coarse flour of the mandioca root instead, consequently the demand for wheat and flour is confined to the large cities, which can obtain them from Argentina more cheaply than they can be produced in the country.
- Of the various materials which go to the fabrication of plaited head-gear the most important is wheaten straw.
- At marriage they burn benzoin with nim seeds (Melia Azadirachta, Roxburgh) to keep off evil spirits, and prepare the bride-cakes by putting a quantity of benzoin between layers of wheaten dough, closed all round, and frying them in clarified butter.
- The difference in the cost of the operation is shown in the following tabular statement, both the cost in the aggregate on a year's imports and the cost per quarter: Quantity of Wheat and Wheaten Flour (as wheat) imported into the United Kingdom from various sources during the calendar year 1900, together with the average rate of freight.
- Quantity of Wheat and Wheaten Flour (as wheat) imported into the United Kingdom from various sources during the calendar year 1872, together with the average rate of freight.Advertisement
- It is stated to form with alum-water a size or cement highly offensive to vermin, and with two parts of wheaten flour the material for a strong bookbinder's paste.
- The better classes were acquainted with wheaten bread also.
- If pollen is scarce, a substitute in the form of either pea-meal or wheaten flour must be supplied to the bees, as brood-rearing cannot make headway without the nitrogenous element indispensable in the food on which the young are reared.
- The colors desired are self-colours in all shades of red, wheaten, tan, grizzle or black, white is not desired.
- The coat should be black and tan, blue and tan, red, wheaten, red grizzle, liver, blue or black.Advertisement
- The grain, which is very nutritious, is used in the form of groats, and makes excellent bread when mixed with wheaten flour.
- Surely laborers in the south did not really have to eat wheaten bread.
- Once a woman came, carrying in her hand a plate of wheaten flour.
- These formerly constituted almost the only bread consumed in the district, but home-baked wheaten loaves are now coming into general use.
- Very little history is documented although it is believed the breed is probably descended from old black and tan and wheaten terriers.Advertisement