Wharfage sentence example
- There is good anchorage outside the Victoria basin under the lee of the breakwater, and since 1904 the foreshore east of the south pier has been reclaimed and additional wharfage provided.
- Revenue is chiefly derived from hut and poll taxes, R customs, wharfage dues, game licences and land tax.
- An entrance was also formed between the new tidal basin and the steam basin of 1848, and large additions were made to the wharfage accommodation as well as to the storehouses and factories.
- Runcorn is a sub-port of Manchester, with which it is connected by the Manchester Ship Canal, and has extensive wharfage and warehouse accommodation.
- To meet these expenses the foreign ratepayers are authorized to levy taxes on land and houses, to levy wharfage dues on goods landed or shipped, and to charge licence fees.Advertisement
- This prompts the question: is there enough wharfage to get rid of existing wharves?
- Additionally, the Humber Sea Terminal offers fully bonded contract warehousing and transportation facilities as well as the traditional wharfage facility.
- How can they do this by removing wharfage space?