Wet-dock sentence example
- Within this harbour is the small harbour of the deys, now transformed into a wet dock.
- Before that time there was no basin or wet-dock, though the river Medway to some extent answered the same purpose, but a portion of the adjoining salt-marshes was then taken in, and three basins have been constructed, communicating with each other by means of large locks, so that ships can pass from the bend of the Medway at Gillingham to that at Upnor.
- There is a steady export of coal, and the harbour is provided with a wet dock and patent slip. In smuggling days the "Canty carles" of Dysart were professed "free traders."
- The harbour has an inner and outer division, with wet dock and wharves.
- There is a wet dock of 32 acres.Advertisement
- The harbour is protected by two main piers, of which the western is a fine structure by Sir John Rennie, and divided into four parts by others; it has a wet dock and extensive quayage.
- The older portion was converted into a wet dock in 1877, and the entrance and bar of the new harbour were deepened.
- Boat painting is another area of their expertise with high quality work being carried out in the covered wet dock.
- In October - November she was placed into wet dock for the removal of her gun mountings.