Western-christianity sentence example
- It was thus natural, for these reasons, that the conquest of the Holy Land should gradually become an object for the ambition of Western Christianity - an object which the papacy, eager to realize its dream of a universal Church subject to its sway, would naturally cherish and attempt to advance.
- During the four hundred years of the Arpad dominion the nomadic Magyar race had established itself permanently in central Europe, adopted western Christianity and founded a national monarchy on the western model.
- The English Christians overcame the Celtic divines of Iona, and in 710 even in Pictland they came into the customs of western Christianity.
- In tracing the development of casuistry we have been carried beyond the great crisis through which Western Christianity passed in the 10th century.
- Palladius's activity in Britain probably marked him out as the man to undertake the task of bringing Ireland into touch with Western Christianity.Advertisement
- The fourth crusade in 1204 placed great shame on western Christianity with its wanton sacking of Constantinople.