Western-astrology sentence example
- Chinese Astrology: Did you know that Chinese astrology predates western astrology?
- Similar to Western astrology that uses twelve signs such as Aquarius, Aries, Taurus, etc., there are twelve signs in Chinese astrology that are depicted by animals.
- Unlike western astrology that uses the solar year calendar, most Chinese astrologers use a lunar calendar and base their calculations solely on the moon's cycles.
- Each astrology sign in Western astrology is associated with certain traits.
- Each of the twelve animal signs falls into an animal trine and is associated with a person's birth year rather than their birth date as in Western astrology.Advertisement
- Much like Western astrology groups its signs into elements (air, water, fire and earth), the Chinese zodiac groups its signs into trines.
- Although it may sound like something different, a star sign is your horoscope sign in Western astrology.
- While a popular branch of astrology, Chinese astrology differs from Western astrology in important ways.
- Since it takes twelve years for a complete lunar cycle, each of the twelve zodiac signs represents one year, instead of a constellation as in western astrology.
- That's because Chinese astrology is based on the lunar calendar, not the solar calendar which western astrology uses.Advertisement
- Unlike Western astrology which assigns a symbol to each of the twelve months within one year, a single Chinese zodiac year is part of a larger twelve year cycle.
- Your sun sign in Western astrology may firmly be defined within Cancer, but if you're looking into Chinese astrology, your self-definition in Cancer will be matched against your birth year.