Wester sentence example
- Beyond the walls lay the burghs of Calton, Easter and Wester Portsburgh, the villages of St Cuthbert's, Moutrie'sHill,Broughton,Canonmills, SilvermillsandDeanhaugh - all successively swallowed up in the extension of the modern city.
- It comprises the royal and police burghs of Anstruther Easter (pop. 1190), Anstruther Wester (501) and Kilrenny (2542), and lies 9 m.
- As for Formosa, the peculiarity of its outline is that th eastern coast falls precipitously into deep water, while the wester ~lopes slowly to shelving bottoms and shoals.
- Within its limits are comprised the parishes of Urquhart and Logie Wester, Killearnan, Knockbain (Gaelic cnoc, hill; ban, white), Avoch (pron.
- Antiquarian remains are somewhat numerous, such as forts and cairns in Cromarty parish, and stone circles in Urquhart and Logie Wester and Knockbain parishes, the latter also containing a hut circle and rock fortress.Advertisement
- The burgh was originally called Parva Kinghorn and later Wester Kinghorn.
- bulldozeng Issues The main planning issue this year was the bulldozing of a vehicular track on the Attadale estate in Wester Ross.
- irreversible damage to a fragile natural area within the Wester Ross National Scenic Area.
- wester Ross, highlands of Scotland.
- Self catering cottage accommodation, wester ross, highlands of Scotland.Advertisement