West-riding-of-yorkshire sentence example
- JOSEPH PRIESTLEY (1733-1804), English chemist and Nonconformist minister, was born on the 13th of March 1733 at Fieldhead, a hamlet near Birstal in the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- During his absence there was a general election, and he was returned (1847) for Stockport and for the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- His father was rector of the parish: his grandfather and great-grandfather were merchants in the City of London, where their descendants for a long while continued to be influential people; his mother belonged to the family of Roundell, which had been settled for four centuries in the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- In 1853 he was elected for Huddersfield, and in 1857 for the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- The manufacturing districts of South Lancashire and the West Riding of Yorkshire are traversed and connected by several canals following transverse valleys of the Pennine Chain.Advertisement
- The presence of a widespread urban population must also be remembered in the case of Lancashire and the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- The industry has extended into the adjacent parts of Cheshire, the West Riding of Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
- The West Riding of Yorkshire became the main growing area, producing over 5,000 tons of forced rhubarb annually in its heyday.
- situated on the very edge of the world famous Ilkley Moor in the ancient West Riding of Yorkshire in England.
- We are situated on the very edge of the world famous Ilkley Moor in the ancient West Riding of Yorkshire in England.Advertisement