West prussia sentence example
- by West Prussia.
- When Frederic the Great gained West Prussia by the first partition of Poland (1772), he was uniting together once more the dominions of the Order, sundered since 1466; and it is the kings of Prussia who have inherited the Order's task of maintaining German influence on the banks of the Vistula.
- For instance, in 1891 the emigration from the provinces of West Prussia and Posen was extraordinarily heavy10.9 and Io 4 per mille respectively-but the excess of births over deaths was 19.6 per mille.
- In Pomerania and West Prussia it is only 44 to 45, and in East Prussia 42 to 44.
- In West Prussia some parts of th interior, and in East Prussia a small region along the Russian frontier, are occupied by Poles (Cassubians in West Prussia, Masurians is East Prussia).Advertisement
- They are numerous in West Prussia (34%) and East Prussia (14%).
- In the north the plant is cultivated principally in Pomerania, Brandenburg and East and West Prussia.
- In west Prussia the urns with human faces deserve notice.
- In 1772 the necessities of Fredericks position compelled him to join Russia and Austria in the deplorable partition of Poland, whereby he gained West Prussia exclusive of Danzig Partition..
- Until the plebiscite should take place the administration of these Circles was taken over by interallied commissions for East and West Prussia respectively.Advertisement
- The Polish agitation, however, did not produce any marked results either in West Prussia or in East.
- by the Prussian province of West Prussia.
- Posen and West Prussia - was passed, in spite of the strenuous opposition of some of the most conspicuous nobles in Prussia, in the session of 1908.