Wer sentence example
- wer, a dam; cognate with werian, to defend, guard; cf.
- The definition once proclaimed, controversies rapidly ceased; the bishops who wer: among the minority one after the other formulated their loyal adhesion to the Catholic dogma.
- The second edition in English appeared at Edinburgh in 1611, and in the preface to it Napier states he intended to have published an edition in Latin soon after the original publication in 1593, but that, as the work had now been made public by the French and Dutch translations, besides the English editions, and as he was "advertised that our papistical adversaries wer to write larglie against the said editions that are alreadie set out," he defers the Latin edition "till having first seene the adversaries objections, I may insert in the Latin edition an apologie of that which is rightly done, and an amends of whatsoever is amisse."
- r wer of c n N; 4.
- In the Ripuarian Law a certain importance attaches to written deeds; the clergy are protected by a higher wer gild- 600 solidi for a priest, and 900 for a bishop; on the other hand, more space is given to the cojuratores (sworn witnesses); and we note the appearance of the judicial duel, which is not mentioned in the Salic Law.Advertisement
- has been translated into German under the title of Wer ist schuld?
- The linear momentum is the same as if the whole mass wer(concentrated at the centre of mass G, and endowed with thi velocity of this point.
- Nadir, when hastening to the support of some Afghan levies who wer doing good service, was fired at and wounded by a stray assailant suspecting his son, Ri~a Kuli, of complicity, he commanded thi unfortunate prince to be seized and deprived of sight.
- He was, on the whole, on very wer.
- Whether the danger were real or imaginary, the consequence of the distrust resulting from the suspicion was the, reawakening of the slumbering demand for fresh persecution of the Roman Catholics, a demand which made a complete reconciliation between the crown and the Lo,wer House a matter of the greatest difficulty.Advertisement
- The Cowley Works wer completely reorganized into a completely autonomous entity which will manufacture complete cars.
- At Tubingen he lived as student and teacher for six years, until on Reuchlin's advice, the elector of Saxony called him to Wittenberg as professor of Greek in 1518.1 Her character is evidenced by the familiar proverb Wer mehr will verzehren Denn sein Pflug kann erehren, Der muss zuletzt verderben Und vielleicht am Galgen sterben of which Melanchthon said to his students "Didici hoc a mea matre, vos etiam observate."
- In many of the old Germanic languages, the word for man sounds very similar, for instance, Gothic wair, Old Norse verr and High German wer.