Went-under sentence example
- He snatched her before she went under and dragged her back to the shallow waters, carefully maneuvering her upper body onto the small boulder Hilden had placed earlier.
- This explains the fact that in collections of medieval homilies that have come down to us, no two renderings of the Biblical text used are ever alike, not even Wycliffe himself making use of the text of the commonly accepted versions that went under his name.
- The second court of the abbey contains a remarkable building, the Tour d'Evrault (12th century), which long went under the misnomer of chapelle funeraire, but was in reality the old kitchen.
- Bishop Pearson was able to say that "the eight books of the Apostolic Constitutions have been after Epiphanius's time compiled and patched together out of the didascaliae or doctrines which went under the names of the holy apostles and their disciples or successors" (Vind.
- no-frills airlines continue to put on routes to Italy, even tho a major Italian no-frills carrier went under in 2004.Advertisement
- You will, however, still have to pay a fair price for the HD-DVD, as HD-DVD format owners were allowed to trade in their discs for Blu-ray discs or purchase Blu-ray discs at a discount when the HD-DVD format finally went under.
- In short order, the cat went under a miraculous transformation.
- Cosmetics to Go suffered some setbacks, and the company went under.
- Alpine Industries went under fire in 1999 when the Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that the company was making false claims in their advertising and marketing materials.
- The statue was declared a national monument in 1924 and the statue went under major restoration from 1982 to 1986, reopening for the statue’s centennial.Advertisement
- The professional cheerleading squad went under several name changes over the years.