Wensleydale sentence example
- He continued the practice, which he had commenced in 1848, of taking with him a small party of undergraduates in vacation time, and working with them in one of his favourite haunts, at Askrigg in Wensleydale, or Tummel Bridge, or later at WestMalvern.
- The name Wensleydale is derived from the village of Wensley, some 25 m.
- Farther up Wensleydale Bolton Castle stands high on the north side.
- The longwool breeds are the Leicester, Border Leicester, Cotswold, Lincoln, Kent, Devon Longwool, South Devon, Wensleydale and Roscommon.
- The few cottagers living in Wensleydale emptied their closets down a disused mine shaft.Advertisement
- Hawes Matured Wensleydale takes on the appearance of a truly traditionally ripened cheese.