Wensleydale sentence example
- He continued the practice, which he had commenced in 1848, of taking with him a small party of undergraduates in vacation time, and working with them in one of his favourite haunts, at Askrigg in Wensleydale, or Tummel Bridge, or later at WestMalvern.
- Down Sheep Breeders' Association, the Shropshire Sheep Breeders' Association and Flock Book Society, the Southdown Sheep Society, the Suffolk Sheep Society, the Border Leicester Sheep Breeders' Society, the Wensleydale Longwool Sheep Breeders' Association and Flock Book Society, the Incorporated Wensleydale Blue-faced Sheep Breeders' Association and Flock Book Society, the Kent Sheep Breeders' Association, the Devon Longwool Sheep Breeders' Society, the Dorset Horn Sheep Breeders' Association, the Cheviot Sheep Society and the Roscommon Sheep Breeders' Association.
- WENSLEYDALE, the name given to the upper part of the valley of the river Ure in the North Riding, Yorkshire, England.
- The name Wensleydale is derived from the village of Wensley, some 25 m.
- Farther up Wensleydale Bolton Castle stands high on the north side.Advertisement
- The longwool breeds are the Leicester, Border Leicester, Cotswold, Lincoln, Kent, Devon Longwool, South Devon, Wensleydale and Roscommon.
- James Parke, Baron Wensleydale >>
- The few cottagers living in Wensleydale emptied their closets down a disused mine shaft.
- cranberrylass="ex">Juicy cranberries mixed with their hand made moist herb Wensleydale.
- Hawes Matured Wensleydale takes on the appearance of a truly traditionally ripened cheese.Advertisement