Wendell sentence example
- See the Life of Ezra Stiles (Boston, 1798), by his daughter's husband, Abiel Holmes, the father of Oliver Wendell Holmes.
- I leave you with words of Wendell Berry, an American essayist, poet and farmer, to take to heart.
- Garrison's son, WILLIAM LLOYD GARRISON (1838-1909), was a prominent advocate of the single tax, free trade, woman's suffrage, and of the repeal of the Chinese Exclusion Act, and an opponent of imperialism; another son, WENDELL PHILLIPS
- Jonathon Wendell known best as 'Fatal1ty' to his fans and the press is the very first successful professional gamer.
- Holden's older brother Seth married Angel Lange (who previous was involved with both his brothers) and his older brother Caleb married Julie Wendell (who shares a son Aaron with Holden).Advertisement
- He adopted Lily's son Luke (from her marriage to Damian Grimaldi) and also shares children from his previous relationships including Abigail (from his high school sweetheart Molly) and Aaron (from his affair with Julie Wendell).
- Founded by Wendell Cherry and David Jones, the company was originally named Extendicare.
- He was a Free Soil candidate for Congress (1850), but was defeated; was indicted with Wendell Phillips and Theodore Parker for participation in the attempt to release the fugitive slave, Anthony Burns, in Boston (18J3); was engaged in the effort to make Kansas a free state after the passage of the Kansas-Nebraska Bill of 1854; and during the Civil War was captain in the 51st Massachusetts Volunteers, and from November 1862 to October 1864, when he was retired because of a wound received in the preceding August, was colonel of the First South Carolina Volunteers, the first regiment recruited from former slaves for the Federal service.
- Channing became active in the cause of abolition in 1835, and Wendell Phillips a little later.
- Wendell Phillips himself attended the public Latin school, entered Harvard College before he was sixteen, and graduated in 1831 in the same class with the historian John Lothrop Motley.Advertisement
- The speech seemed likely to divide the audience, when Wendell Phillips took the platform.
- This appeal not merely determined the sentiment of the meeting, it gave Wendell Phillips his first fame and determined his career.
- Wendell Phillips died in Boston on the 2nd of February 1884.
- Elbridge Gerry lived and James Russell Lowell was born, lived and died in "Elmwood" (built in 1767); Oliver Wendell Holmes was born in Cambridge also; John Fiske, the historian, lived here; and there are many other literary associations, attractive and important for those interested in American letters.
- I remember well the first time I saw Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes.Advertisement