Wels sentence example
- Leaving the diet, he travelled to Wels in Upper Austria, where he died on the 12th of January 1519.
- Other principal towns are Wels (12,187), Ischl (9646) and Gmunden (7126).
- WELS, a town of Austria, in Upper Austria, 17 m.
- stellatus and "wels" (Silures glanis) follow, and finally the sturgeon Acipenser giildenstadtii, so much valued for its caviare.
- HENRY BRUNNER (1840-), German historian, was born at Wels in Upper Austria on the 22nd of June 1840.Advertisement
- The Roman colonies and chief towns were Virunum (near Mariasaal), Ovilava (Wels), Celeia (Cilli), Juvavum (Salzburg), Lauriacum (Lorch, at the mouth of the Enns, the ancient Anisus).
- Could possibly be confused with the rare bullhead catfish which has eight barbules, compared to the six barbules of the wels.