Welles sentence example
- Seward; Lincoln and Seward (New York, 1874), by Gideon Welles; and William Henry Seward (new ed., Boston, 1899), by T.
- He was disrated (becoming a captain on the retired list) in November 1862 on the ground that he had been too old to receive the rank of commodore under the act then governing promotions; and engaged in a long controversy with Gideon Welles, secretary of the navy.
- GIDEON WELLES (1802-1878), American political leader, was born at Glastonbury, Connecticut, on the 1st of July 1802.
- Welles supported President Johnson in his quarrel with Congress, took part in the Liberal Republican movement of 1872, and returning to the Democratic party, warmly advocated the election of Samuel J.
- In 1874 Welles published Lincoln and Seward, in which he refutes the charge that Seward dominated the Administration during the Civil War.Advertisement
- See also Albert Welles, History of the Welles Family (New York, 1876).
- Arnold, History of Abraham Lincoln and the Overthrow of Slavery (Chicago, 1867), revised and enlarged as Life of Abraham Lincoln (Chicago, 1885), valuable for personal reminiscences; Gideon Welles, Lincoln and Seward (New York, 1874), the reply of Lincoln's secretary of the navy to Charles Francis Adams's eulogy (delivered in Albany in April 1873) on Lincoln's secretary of state, W.
- Sir Thomas Dymoke (1428?-1471) joined a Lancastrian rising in 1469, and, with his brother-in-law Richard, Lord Willoughby and Welles, was beheaded in 1471 by order of Edward IV.
- Sir Robert Welles, the leader of this rebellion, made a confession implicating Warwick, who fled with Clarence to France.
- Edward Hopkins Thomas Welles John Webster John Winthrop Thomas Welles John Winthrop William Leete Robert Treat.Advertisement
- Welles, Mrs Eyewitness to the fatal hit-and-run that saw Karen accused of manslaughter.
- wrestle back Welles from the film buffs.
- The purpose of his biography might be to wrestle back Welles from the film buffs.
- Efron has been tackling different roles since the last High School Musical installment, including the films 17 Again, Me and Orson Welles, and the film adaptation of the Jonny Quest cartoon series.
- Of course it was Citizen Kane and Orson Welles' trailer puts a different spin on his Rosebud.Advertisement
- The trailer shows the same artistic approach in lighting and editing that Welles showed in the actual movie.