Well-wishers sentence example
- Dean stepped to the sidewalk and waited for Cynthia to emerge from the church, but when she did, a crowd of friends and well wishers surrounded her, with the Mayer-the-leech encircling her shoulder with his scummy arm.
- As he opened the truck door for her, she glanced back at the well-wishers.
- At the dissolution of monasteries in 1866 Monte Cassino was spared, owing mainly to a remonstrance by English well-wishers of United Italy.
- After a score of handshakes from well-wishers, he located his wife and joined her for a jam-packed barbeque lunch, sponsored by the Elks at their century old restored buildingâ€”another traditional happening of the annual holiday festivities.
- Yugoslavia, too, has owed its relative longevity more to Western liberal well-wishers that to the true consensus of its disparate peoples.Advertisement
- snowdrops planted by Mrs Watts which have been augmented by well-wishers.
- well-wishers of peace to establish groups of peace-creating experts in every country.
- Long serving staff took their final tea break surrounded by boxes of chocolates and cakes donated by well-wishers.
- This postcard was used by Rev W H Laverty to thank well-wishers on the occasion of his Golden Wedding anniversary on 12th June 1922.
- She travels by train and boat, meeting only kindly well-wishers along the route.Advertisement
- His family asked for no flowers, but told well-wishers they could donate money to the Chapel funds.
- The vast majority of our income comes from donations made by members of the congregation or other well-wishers.
- In springtime each year you would if seated there be close to the snowdrops planted by Mrs Watts which have been augmented by well-wishers.
- For that, Maharishi has called on governments and philanthropic well-wishers of peace to establish groups of peace-creating experts in every country.
- Having gone through the upsetting motions of making complex funeral arrangements, often the last thing on a person's mind is to send out cards or notes of thanks to fellow mourners and well-wishers.Advertisement
- At the same time, however, a couple may set up a wedding registry early in their engagement and it can be a convenient way for well-wishers to find appropriate engagement gifts.