Well-up sentence example
- She started to well up.
- When Washington, who was well up with his main body, heard of Lee's retreat, he spurred forward and exerted himself in forming a strong line of battle in case the British continued their determined attack.
- Besides these came the composition of his Chinese books, the teaching of his people and the maintenance of the record of the mission history which had been enjoined upon him by the general of the order, and which he kept well up to date.
- Her face flamed hotter and tears threatened to well up in her eyes.
- All junior cadets are well up to proficiency standard and we can expect good results in the coming examination early next term.Advertisement
- long gone is the final song, and well up to the previous standard.
- Both are wickedly humorous yet disturbing tales in which laughter seems to well up and then freeze in one's throat.
- Thankfully, the fully hydraulic brakes are well up to the task.
- When the young plants are well up they should be placed out of doors to get thoroughly hardened before being finally planted out.
- You can find high tops that reach well up to your mid calf, but you can also pick up high top shoes that are much lower in style.Advertisement
- Thanks, things going well up there?
- There are higher schools in the principal towns, and the standard of primary education is well up to the average of Spain.
- Next the roots from the lower portion of the ball are to be sought out and laid outwards in lines radiating from the stem, being distributed equally on all sides as nearly as this can be done; some fine and suitable good earth should be thrown amongst the roots as they are thus being placed, and worked in well up to the base of the ball.
- In the earlier period its crude birth and marriage-rates were above the average and its proportion of young wives well up to it.