Well-turned sentence example
- A few well-turned lines which have been preserved from Lycophron's tragedies show a much better style; they are said to have been much admired by Menedemus of Eretria, although the poet had ridiculed him in a satyric drama.
- They have light olive complexions, a fine aquiline nose, bright black eyes, a well-turned chin, heavy arched eyebrows, thick sensual lips, and usually wear a light curling moustache.
- The forelegs should be straight and strong and the hindquarters moderately angulated with well turned stifles.
- hindquarters moderately angulated with well turned stifles.
- She appeared very nonchalant with a well turned out standard Brompton, devoid of the gizmos sported by her husband's machine.Advertisement
- I must confess to a weakness for a well turned heel - nothing too high or too vulgar.
- well-turned phrase.
- well-turned sentence is a thing of wonder and beauty.
- Matt Merrit has a fine eye for a well-turned phrase.
- Because a well-turned sentence is a thing of wonder and beauty.Advertisement
- In 1804 he began to prepare his return to France by a well-turned letter to Napoleon, congratulating him on restoring religion to France once more.