Well-read sentence example
- He was a very well-read, thoughtful man, and agreeable.
- Greek and Italian were his first favourites, but he was well read in English literature and in French, and acquired some knowledge of Spanish.
- A cop who I now know to be Inspector H of A Constabulary turns to me - A well-read man?
- He was well read in the ancient literature; but the task of embodying the Christian spirit in the classical form was one far beyond his powers.
- He was, however, a thorough lawyer besides, inferior in scientific learning to two or three of his most conspicuous rivals, but well read in every department of law, and especially a master in all that relates to criminal and constitutional jurisprudence.Advertisement
- He was well read in German literature, Heine and Schiller being his favourites, and the study of the German masters and the old classical writers of Iceland opened his eyes to the corrupt state of Icelandic poetry and showed him the way to make it better.
- The well-read and intelligent bee-keeper, content to work on orthodox lines, will be able to manage an apiary - large or small - by guiding and controlling the countless army he commands in a way that will yield him both pleasure and profit.
- It is no grand survey or theory, but we are offered personal snapshots of the experience of a very educated, well-read scholar.
- Again, coverage was generated in key titles such as the well-read FX magazine.
- G Issue of Leadership Muslim leaders in the west are not well-read in Western literature or culture.Advertisement
- A few scenes in the movie; however, allude to events that only happen in the book and serve no purpose in the plot of the film other than to please a well read audience.
- Keeping in mind that this is Hollywood Harry Potter there are scenes that seem to serve only one of two purposes -- pleasing the well read audience or establishing the importance of certain characters and events.
- According to Edmund Waller he was "very well read in the Greek and Roman story."
- Beneath the bluster and machismo, he was - both his grandson and Bogdanovich insist - an immensely cultured, well-read man.
- I love the fact that Emily is so well-read.Advertisement
- So I 'm not the most well-read reader of novels.