Well-and-truly sentence example
- Fortunately, the plans for defence had been well and truly laid by Cadorna in the limited time that was available, and, still more fortunately, his foresight had caused elaborate preparations to be made on Monte Grappa.
- The new barbarians were well and truly on the march.
- Addison's men managed to close the floodgates after that, but the devastating seven-minute spell had well and truly ended their cup hopes.
- He was well and truly hooked on the steam scene.
- Well folks, summer is well and truly underway.Advertisement
- Our plans for a bike ride were well and truly scuppered when the snow fell for about 10 continuous hours.
- So whoever wins this class will know they well and truly deserve the silverware at the end of the week.
- In the late eighties/early nineties Nintendo were well and truly king of the Video Games Industry; Mario was selling by the bucket load and it seemed as though no-one could possibly topple their all-powerful dominance.
- The ball was well and truly rolling with the dawn of the 90s, when an STV (Scottish Television) broadcast opened everyone's eyes to the incredible talent of their own home-grown band performing as part of the Hogmanay celebrations.