Well-advised sentence example
- Adam, received a sound classical education, and was well advised by his friend Dr Thomas Brown, the eminent metaphysician.
- Yet large as the terms were, the emperor would probably have been well advised to grant them; but Honorius was one of those timid and feeble folk who are equally unable to make war or peace, and refused to look beyond the question of his own personal safety, guaranteed as it was by the dikes and marshes of Ravenna.
- Businesses would certainly be well advised to obtain opt-in consent from their customers to protect against the proposed changes in the law.
- There is no doubt much of valuable suggestion to be found in the philosophic system, or rather the conglomerate of systems, which pass to-day under the name of theosophy; and probably much has been done by means of its propaganda to popularize Eastern thought in the West, and in the East to reawaken a truer appreciation of its own philosophic treasures; but however that may be, the serious student would be well advised to seek his information and his inspiration from the fountain-heads of the theosophists' doctrines, which are all easily accessible in translations; and to avoid the confusions and errors of writers who in most cases have but a superficial if any knowledge of the original languages and systems from which their doctrine has been arbitrarily culled.
- The new generation will be well-advised to take some courageous steps.Advertisement
- Computer owners wishing to gain a clear picture of the nineteenth century would be well-advised to look elsewhere.
- But the single expert will be well-advised to make express arrangements in relation to the method of charging and manner of payment.
- As with all vehicles of this sort, reloading ammunition is a tedious process and the gunner is well-advised to avoid wastage.
- One would be well-advised to seek advice appropriate to ones individual circumstances.
- The re-elected and newly-elected politicians would be well-advised to pay close attention to the lessons arising from their misconduct in 2003.Advertisement
- This is an extremely difficult situation where you'll be well advised to seek professional help immediately.
- With one in three marriages ending in divorce however, those with considerable assets would be well advised to give the prenup at least some consideration.
- All pregnant women are well-advised to eat properly, get enough rest, and refrain from alcohol, drugs, and tobacco use for the health of the infant.
- Thus, those who are taking this kind of medication for a prolonged period of time would be well advised to err on the side of caution and take B12 supplements regularly to avoid any risk of deficiency.
- Someone buying a watch privately on eBay would be well advised not only to check the seller's feedback, but also to check what other products he regularly sells.Advertisement