Weightiest sentence example
- The Russian revolutionists present that evening had all passed through stiff tests and the weightiest threat now seemed removed.
- Of the many objections urged against the play, perhaps the weightiest is that which condemns the frigid and superfluous part of the Infanta.
- The students of the university he taught in daily lectures, passing in review the weightiest and lightest authors of antiquity, and pouring forth a flood of miscellaneous erudition.
- The Apologeticus, which in the 3rd century was translated into Greek, is the weightiest work in defence of Christianity of the first two centuries.
- Connected with the years during which he held office is one of the weightiest charges against his character.Advertisement
- Every one who takes up the book in the proper religious frame of mind, like most of the Moslems, reads pieces directed against long-obsolete absurd customs of Mecca just as devoutly as the weightiest moral precepts - perhaps even more devoutly, because he does not understand them so well.