Weighbridge sentence example
- old-fashioned system of guessing at the weight of an animal by the sounder method of obtaining the exact weight by means of the weighbridge.
- The resort to the weighbridge should put both on an equality, and its use tends to increase.
- Little use is made of the weighbridge in selling store-cattle, sheep or swine.
- When the goods to be weighed are very heavy, portable weigh - bridges or platform machines are inapplicable and it is necessary to erect the weighbridge on a solid foundation.
- Some weigh - bridges are arranged in a manner similar to that of the platform machines already described, but having the long body lever turned askew, so that the end of it projects considerably beyond the side of the weighbridge casing, and the pillar and steelyard which receive its pull are clear of the wagon on the platform.Advertisement
- Lastly, when the weighbridge is very long - and they are sometimes made 40 ft.
- The engine is moved on to them, and the pressures of all the wheels are taken simultaneously, each by its own weighbridge.
- tare box on the weighbridge ticket as appropriate.
- They must enter the weight found in the gross or tare box on the weighbridge ticket as appropriate.