Wegener sentence example
- The disorders in this category include Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) and Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Wegener's granulomatosis is also a rare disease, diagnosed in one to three individuals per 100,000, with only 3 percent of these cases found in people below 20 years of age.
- The cause of Wegener's granulomatosis was not known as of 2004.
- Wegener's most commonly affects the upper respiratory tract, the eyes, ears, kidneys, and skin.
- Vasculitis associated with Wegener's may lead to a heart attack.Advertisement
- An antibiotic (usually trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole) is sometimes given to children with Wegener's granulomatosis to control flares, or recurrences of the disease.
- Untreated Wegener's is fatal, usually within five months.
- - An enumeration of the works published before 1890, and a map of itineraries, will be found in Wegener's Versuch einer Orographie des Kuen-lun (Marburg, 1891), but his map is only approximately correct.