Wegener sentence example
- autoantibodys="ex">Autoantibodies against neutrophils and monocytes: tool for diagnosis and marker of disease activity in Wegener's granulomatosis.
- plate tectonics theories, including information about Alfred Wegener and his theory of continental drift.
- tectonics theories, including information about Alfred Wegener and his theory of continental drift.
- The disorders in this category include Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) and Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Wegener's granulomatosis is also a rare disease, diagnosed in one to three individuals per 100,000, with only 3 percent of these cases found in people below 20 years of age.Advertisement
- The cause of Wegener's granulomatosis was not known as of 2004.
- Wegener's most commonly affects the upper respiratory tract, the eyes, ears, kidneys, and skin.
- Vasculitis associated with Wegener's may lead to a heart attack.
- An antibiotic (usually trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole) is sometimes given to children with Wegener's granulomatosis to control flares, or recurrences of the disease.
- Untreated Wegener's is fatal, usually within five months.Advertisement
- But though von Richthofen's general conception of the Kuen-lun system was broadly sound and in accordance with facts, the details both of his description and of that of his pupil Wegener' require now very considerable revision, and need even to be in part recast, as a consequence of explorations and investigations made since they wrote by, amongst others, the Russian explorers N.
- - An enumeration of the works published before 1890, and a map of itineraries, will be found in Wegener's Versuch einer Orographie des Kuen-lun (Marburg, 1891), but his map is only approximately correct.
- Wegener, Deutschland in der Siidsee (Bielefeld, 1903); A.
- Wegener and a Danish seaman.
- Darstellung der staatlichen Kolonisation in Posen (Berlin, 1902); Wegener, Der wirtschaftliche Kampf der Deutschen mit den Polen urn die Provinz Posen (Posen, 1903); the Handbuch fur die Provin g Posen, Nachweisung der Behorden, Anstalten, Institute and Vereine (Posen, 1905) and the publications of the Historische Gesellschaft fiir die Provinz Posen (Posen, 1882 seq.).Advertisement