Wefts sentence example
- In northern Mexico net-work, rude lace-work in twine, are followed farther south, where finer material existed, by figured weaving of most intricate type and pattern; warps were crossed and wrapped, wefts were omitted and texture changed, so as to produce marvellous effects upon the surface.
- The tendency to spin finer counts has been to some extent counteracted by the development of the flannelette trade, for which heavy wefts are used, and there has been again a tendency lately to use "condensor" or waste wefts, which has worked to the disadvantage of the spinners of the regular coarse counts spun at Royton and elsewhere.
- Now, however, Mexicans are often made with lighter wefts, though the name is usually applied to the better class of cloths of the particular character.
- Dowrah is a strong, harsh and low quality fibre, and is used principally for heavy wefts.
- Devon produced serges or " long ells ", unusually long cloths with combed wool warps and carded wool wefts in a twill weave.Advertisement
- Wefts last longer and look thicker than individual strand extensions.