Weeping-willow sentence example
- There is a weeping willow in the back garden, which is taking over the garden.
- The weeping willow is a magnificent and distinctive tree!
- Deer, rabbits, and other animals will browse on weeping willow.
- P. euphratica, believed to be the weeping willow of the Scriptures,.
- Mimosa and the wild wilge-boom (Salix capensis) are the common trees on the banks and rivers, while the weeping willow is frequent round the farmsteads.Advertisement
- The white willow is a great favourite, while the drooping habit of the weeping willow renders it very attractive.
- The weeping-willow, myrtle, elm, cypress and eucalyptus are also used in the gardens and plantations.
- Legend says that the poet Alexander Pope was responsible for the presence of the weeping willow in England.
- He begged a twig from a basket sent to Lady Suffolk, and when it rooted, a weeping willow was the result.
- That's a lovely story, but it is more likely that that the weeping willow was brought to England in 1748 by Mr. Vernon, who planted a tree from the Euphrates at his home, Twickenham Park.Advertisement
- The weeping willow is easily recognized by its distinctive long, graceful branches that sweep toward the ground.
- The weeping willow will grow in acid or alkaline soils with any textures from sand to loam to clay.