Weeded sentence example
- He alone had watered and weeded the flowers.
- Another, turnips all hoed, Barley, Wheat, Beans weeded by sheep.
- I weeded my garden on Sunday, but wasn't prepared to see aftergrowth appear so quickly.
- After sowing, the land is harrowed, and the young plants are hoed and weeded, chiefly by women and children, from early spring until the time of flowering.
- Any cards that go over these amounts should be mercilessly weeded out of the pack.Advertisement
- Ideally, the best dogs win, and the lesser dogs are weeded out of future breeding programs.An AKC dog show is sanctioned by the American Kennel Club, the largest single registry for purebred dogs in the USA.
- During this socialization period, pups that do not possess the ideal qualities of a service dog are weeded out of the program and adopted into caring pet homes.
- Remember that the garden will need to be weeded, mulched, and perhaps watered on a regular basis.
- When thus sown, lawns require to be promptly weeded.
- high they are thinned out and weeded.Advertisement
- In many cases, several rounds of finalists are weeded out from the larger contestant pool.
- In four reprints, 1519, 1522, 1527, 1 535, Erasmus gradually weeded out many of the typographical errors of his first edition, but the text remained essentially such as he had first printed it.
- As the river daily fell, of course the water in the canals fell too, and since they were never dug deep enough to draw water from the very bottom of the river, they occasionally ran dry altogether in the month of June, when the river was at its lowest, and when, being the month of greatest heat, water was more than ever necessary for the cotton crop. Thus large tracts which had been sown, irrigated, weeded and nurtured for perhaps three months perished in the fourth, while all the time the precious Nile water was flowing useless to the sea.
- Further development of doctrine weeded out the last traces of Adoptionist belief, 2 though Christ's exaltation continued to be taught in correlation to His humiliation (Phil.
- Protestants were weeded out of the army, Protestant officers in particular being superseded by idle Catholics of gentle blood, where they could be found, and in any case by Catholics.Advertisement
- Beds will be weeded, any dead flower heads removed and grass edge trimmed approximately fortnightly March to October and monthly November to February.
- It is further significant that, in the Chillingham herd, dark-coloured calves, which are weeded out, make their appearance from time to time.
- November) the seeds are placed a few inches apart in carefully prepared nurseries, which are watered, shaded and weeded till the regular rains of May and June admit of the shading being removed.