Wedging sentence example
- The rocks were slippery with half-thawed ice, and when she carelessly stepped on the edge of one, her foot slipped, wedging between two rocks.
- Both Rams head and Spiral wedging involve the folding of the clay on itself too build up an ever tightening spiral of clay platelets.
- Those who use chewing tobacco harbour this product in their mouth longer, and it is prone wedging itself in between the teeth, thus making the gums more at risk.
- He could still hear her stifled sobs as he cautiously moved down the slope, wedging his foot against rocks and small vegetation for purchase.
- A method of wedging down coal sufficiently perfected to be of general application would add greatly to the security of colliers.Advertisement
- This consists of a heavy cast iron ring, known as a wedging crib, or curb, also fitted together in segments, which is lodged in a square-edged groove cut for its reception, tightly caulked with moss, and wedged into position.
- The coal is first cut to the top of the slipper coal from below, after which the upper portion is either broken down by wedging or falls of itself.