Wear down sentence example
- Lancasters strategy, in the early years of the renewed war, consisted mainly of attempts to wear down the force of France by devastating raids; he hoped to provoke the enemy Ch d to battle by striking at the heart of his realm, but of~,1,r.
- These irregular features are wanting south of the limits of Pleistocene glaciation; there the rivers have had time, in the latest cycle of erosion into which they have entered, to establish themselves in a continuous flow, and as a rule to wear down their courses to a smoothly graded slope.
- Moreover, the waves, I suspect, do not so much construct as wear down a material which has already acquired consistency.
- And because titanium picks won't wear down like picks made from softer materials (plastic, wood, copper, brass, silver, gold, etc.), they don't produce a residue that will build up on your strings and clog them.
- It is difficult to scratch the surface of laminate flooring, but over time, your German Shepherd running to meet you at the door may begin to wear down the melamine and eventually scratch up the pattern underneath.Advertisement
- The condition, known as bruxism medically, is not usually harmful, but if it continues on a regular basis, it can wear down the teeth.
- Unfortunately, these modern marvels contain intricate parts and components that wear down over time and need to be replaced.
- Years of wear and tear may break some of the food processor parts or wear down the bladders.
- It is very important to inspect the agitators after every use as they do wear down.
- Switches: Using your espresso machine everyday causes certain functions to wear down over time, so replace switches when they become worn out.Advertisement
- Rival's products are well made and for the most part will provide you with many years of dependable use, but like everything, they can start to wear down after a while.
- The fan does not turn off automatically, and if left running continuously the batteries can wear down quickly.
- If the ring is worn against another ring, for instance an engagement ring and wedding ring worn together, the edges will wear down more quickly.
- Regardless of the metal type, the ring will wear down slightly over the years.
- It's okay if the cleats wear down to some extent, but be very careful of uneven wear.Advertisement
- Spikes: The plastic spikes featured on ladies' golf sandals tend to wear down faster than metal spikes found on traditional golf shoes.
- The batteries last a long time and need only be replaced when they start to wear down.
- Cold, harsh weather, chlorine, and other chemicals can wear down even normal skin's protective barrier.