Wayfarers sentence example
- The Thugs were a well-organized confederacy of professional assassins, who in gangs of whom 10 to 200 travelled in various guises through India, wormed themselves into the confidence of wayfarers of the wealthier class, and, when a favourable opportunity occurred, strangled them by throwing a handkerchief or noose round their necks, and then plundered and buried them.
- CARAVANSERAI, a public building, for the shelter of a caravan and of wayfarers generally in Asiatic Turkey.
- The Cape-Pigeon or Pintado Petrel, Daption capensis, is one that has long been well known to mariners and other wayfarers on the great waters, while those who voyage to or from Australia, whatever be the route they take, are 1 Thus Oestrelata haesitata, the Capped Petrel, a species whose proper home seems to be Guadeloupe and some of the neighbouring West-Indian Islands, has occurred in the State of New York, near Boulogne, in Norfolk, and in Hungary (Ibis, 1884, p. 202).
- We should definitely feel proud as we made Wayfarers fight for the win, when we could have easily rolled over.
- On the plus side, all the beating gave us the opportunity to wave to some of the other Wayfarers whose path we crossed.Advertisement
- Though many classic frame styles--like aviators, wayfarers, wrap-arounds, and oversized "glam"--may remain constant, the colors and textures fluctuate with what's hot on the runways.
- Aviator style glasses, cat eyes, oversized shields, and redesigned wayfarers are popular styles that are widely available.
- This is a large open regatta with several hundred dinghies and open keelboats taking part and with the Wayfarers having their own class start.
- You are always assured of a warm welcome, and they a great way to meet new wayfarers.
- Another hour's racing and we may have got to see the wayfarers!Advertisement
- We should definitely feel proud as we made wayfarers fight for the win, when we could have easily rolled over.
- On the plus side, all the beating gave us the opportunity to wave to some of the other wayfarers whose path we crossed.
- A strong sense of history pervades the region, with crumbling forts and tales of famous wayfarers.
- Along the road, in strong contrast to the guardian pines, toil a few tired wayfarers; and the story is told.
- between 1287 and 1309; 686 and 709 A.H.), the Zad-ulmusafirln, or Store of the Wayfarers, by HusainI (d.Advertisement
- You are always assured of a warm welcome, and they a great way to meet new Wayfarers.
- Another hour 's racing and we may have got to see the Wayfarers !
- He was converted by a hermit; but as he had neither the gift of fasting nor that of prayer, he decided to devote himself to a work of charity and set himself to carry wayfarers over a bridgeless river.