Wattles sentence example
- The houses of all classes were of wood, chiefly wattles and wicker-work plastered with clay.
- The black facial wattles are just starting to develop.
- Such a monastery consisted of countless tiny huts of wattles and clay (or, where stone was plentiful, of beehive cells) built by the pupils and enclosed by a fosse, or trench, like a permanent military encampment.
- Both the male and female have long yellow facial wattles as well as smaller red ones on the forehead.
- The face is smooth and they have small smooth red wattles and earlobes.Advertisement
- The eyes are dark brown and they have a single bright red comb, long wattles and ear lobes.
- Despite the rain the cock pheasant is still looking at his best, with red wattles almost covering his head and prominent ear tufts.
- It furnishes rods wherewith to make fences; but its principal use is to make wattles for the folding of sheep in the fields.
- The head is large and crested with a short beak, leaf type comb, muffled face, small rounded wattles and earlobes.
- The Guinea lop-eared breed, it may be mentioned, is believed to inherit its drooping ears and throat wattles from an infusion of the blood of the Roman-nosed hornless Theban goat (see Goat).Advertisement
- The bark of various Australian species, known as wattles, is also very rich in tannin and forms an important article of export.
- In Angola occurs a breed of this sheep which has probably been crossed with the fat-tailed Malagasy breed; while in Guinea there is a breed with lappets, or wattles, on the throat, which is probably the result of a cross with the lop-eared sheep of the same district.
- Their comb is single and evenly serrated while their earlobes are red as are their medium length wattles.
- The Australian Eucalyptus and Casuarina in great variety, and many other imported trees, including syringas, wattles, acacias, willows, pines, cypress, cork and oak all thrive when properly planted and protected from grass fires.