Waterwheels sentence example
- Where no running water is available for irrigation, water is often obtained from wells by means of waterwheels (nones) of simple construction.
- The numerous waterwheels (naurah,) of enormous dimension, raising water from the Orontes are the most remarkable features of the view.
- Two waterwheels are used to drive the pumps, which are still operable, although electric pumps are now normally used.
- overshot waterwheels that drive century-old French Burr millstones.
- In the 17th century, flood water was lifted by chain pumps with tipping buckets, powered either by waterwheels or horse whims.Advertisement