Waterwheel sentence example
- She continued to use the waterwheel until the 1970's to power a circular saw on the first floor to cut her firewood.
- You'll see the miller turn the wheel on the right to open the sluice gate in front of the waterwheel.
- The river spills over into the overgrown millrace and, very slowly, the old waterwheel starts to turn.
- overshot waterwheel situated below the ground floor.
- sawmill workshop with the waterwheel at the left of the print.Advertisement
- undershot waterwheel in working order.
- Eytelwein (1764-1848) of Berlin, who published in 1801 a valuable compendium of hydraulics entitled Handbuch der Mechanik and der Hydraulik, investigated the subject of the discharge of water by compound pipes, the motions of jets and their impulses against plane and oblique surfaces; and he showed theoretically that a waterwheel will have its maximum effect when its circumference moves with half the velocity of the stream.
- Showing part of the sawmill workshop with the waterwheel at the left of the print.
- In the Lower Mills building there is a larger undershot waterwheel in working order.
- Hydropower: Hydropower was first used in 100 BC to turn a waterwheel that turned gears used for grinding grain into flour.Advertisement