Waterspouts sentence example
- His papers, which are numerous, are devoted in great part to atmospheric electricity, waterspouts, cyanometry and polarization of skylight, the temperature of water in the spheroidal state, and the boilingpoint at great elevations.
- Once again, little magic whirlwinds played around the garden, sending the pond into spasms with little waterspouts.
- The standard belfry window has some renewed tracery, and there are two waterspouts on the string-course above.
- Top stage has two waterspouts and a cross slit in a merlon.
- Second string course accompanied by waterspouts, just below battlemented parapet.Advertisement
- Terrific thunderstorms are also common at that period; waterspouts are sometimes seen; and as the Indian Ocean cyclone region touches the eastern coast, hurricanes occur every few years, at rare intervals ascending into the interior highland.
- Hurricanes, accompanied by waterspouts, sometimes cause much devastation; but, on the whole, the islands are singularly free from such visitations.
- Franklin wrote a paper on the causes of earthquakes for his Gazette of the 15th of December 1737; and he eagerly collected material to uphold his theory that waterspouts and whirlwinds resulted from the same causes.