Waterproofed sentence example
- A charge of compressed wet guncotton may be exploded, even under water, by the detonation of a small primer of the dry and waterproofed material, which in turn can be started by a small fulminate detonator.
- For statuary, and "undercut" work generally, an elastic mould - of glue and treacle (80: 20 parts) - may be used; the mould, when set, is waterproofed by immersion in a solution of potassium bichromate followed by exposure to sunlight, or in some other way.
- The best results, however, are obtained by taking a wax cast from the elastic mould, and then from this a plaster mould, which may be waterproofed with wax, black-leaded, and used as cathode.
- Go for hiking boots that are either waterproof or capable of being waterproofed with a product like Sno-Seal.
- Single or Multi: While cotton and other materials are often waterproof, water repellant, or water resistant, many people opt for a fashionable curtain made of designer fabrics combined with a plastic or waterproofed inner curtain liner.Advertisement
- Cowboy boots are known for their rough-and-tough style, and they also can be easily waterproofed before you wear them.
- To achieve waterproofed footwear most easily, you can choose the style you like in a natural leather or fabric, and then have them treated to repel water as well as soil.
- If your boots are properly waterproofed (and feature a rubber-sealed sole), you'll be ready to go.
- They were held closed with a button top flap, but because they weren't waterproofed, grease from rations often soaked through them and stained the soldier's trousers.