Watermen sentence example
- The recommendations of the Commission included the creation of a single controlling authority to take over the powers of the Thames Conservancy Watermen's Company, and Trinity House and the docks of the companies already detailed.
- The banks were crowded with stairs for boats, and the watermen of that day answered to the chairmen of a later date and the cabmen of to-day.
- The Martha's Vineyard Indians were subject to the Wampanoag tribe, on the mainland, were expert watermen, and were very numerous when the whites first came.
- The ' Cat and Fiddle ' is a waterman's house - ' jolly young watermen, ' I am afraid, no more.
- All the rights, powers and duties of the Thames Conservancy, so far as concerns the Thames below Teddington Lock, were transferred to the Port Authority under the act, as also were the powers of the Watermen's Company in respect of the registration and licensing of vessels, and the regulation of lightermen and watermen.Advertisement
- There were two classes of events; one for professional watermen, the other for amateurs.
- The ' Cat and Fiddle ' is a waterman 's house - ' jolly young watermen, ' I am afraid, no more.
- The free watermen, when following their calling, were accustomed to wear badges on their arms.
- Local watermen made small fortunes charging $ 5 an hour to ferry sight-seers among the anchored warships.
- I heartily agree with Frediani that all surfers need to be good watermen and need to swim at least a mile.Advertisement