Watermelons sentence example
- icebox type watermelons.
- The common, yet excellent melons, watermelons, grapes, apricots, cherries, plums, apples, are within the reach of the poorest.
- The large watermelons are of a slightly oblong shape and possess a dark green rind, making their appearance similar to Florida Giant.
- Among fruits, grapes and mulberries are rare, but melons and watermelons, especially the latter, are abundant.
- Elliot and Joel bought giant watermelons and David bought some grapes.Advertisement
- This is one of the sweetest heirloom watermelons you can raise in your home garden.
- The White Wonder watermelon produces a good crop of small, 3 to 10 pound, round icebox type watermelons.
- His special pride was the big garden where, it was said, he raised the finest watermelons and strawberries in the county; and to me he brought the first ripe grapes and the choicest berries.
- Choose Crimson Sweet, a red-flesh variety that produces watermelons around 20 pounds each, or Madera, which produces smaller melons around 14 pounds.
- Heirloom watermelons: Many gardeners enjoy heirloom varieties for their hardiness and unique qualities.Advertisement
- Striped and spotted beetles attack watermelons and other types of melons.
- Growing watermelons from organic watermelon seed is a great way to learn about gardening and organic agriculture.
- If you have kids (or a spouse) and want to grow watermelons, and you happen to have a lot of space in your yard, it can be a lot of fun to have a watermelon growing contest.
- Or luscious Watermelon Margaritas (and you could make these with pink or yellow watermelons!)-or the classic Brazilian Caipirinha-are great choices, just to name a few.
- For pure, unadulterated raunch try Squeeze My Melons, a cheeky hot pink that tastes of plump watermelons.Advertisement
- produces watermelons up to 9 pounds in weight with an 8 inch diameter.
- Produces watermelons up to 9 pounds in weight with an 8 inch diameter.
- As with watermelons, you can either start the seeds indoors a few weeks before the last frost-free date, or plant seeds directly into the garden once the daytime temperatures hit 80 degrees consistently.