Waterings sentence example
- Inside borders require frequent and thorough waterings.
- The practice of irrigating differs in different places with differences in the quality of the water, the soil, the drainage, &c. As a general rule, when the irrigating season begins in November the water may flow for a fortnight continuously, but subsequent waterings, especially after December, should be shortened gradually in duration till the first week in April, when irrigation should cease.
- Allow your potted herbs to dry out a little between waterings once they become established.
- They demand deep cultivation, much manure, frequent waterings in dry weather, with occasional soakings of liquid manure, to secure fine spikes and flowers.
- While blooming they should have waterings, otherwise they get too dry, and ripen off prematurely.Advertisement
- Whatever plants for zone 9 you end up choosing, make the most of your gardening space by providing the plants with regular waterings, sufficient sunlight and the proper nutrients.