Waterbury sentence example
- There are a state prison at Windsor (1808), a house of correction at Rutland (1878), an industrial school at Vergennes (1866), and hospitals for the insane at Brattleboro (1836) and Waterbury (1891).
- The township was formed from parts of Waterbury, Bethany and Oxford, and was incorporated in 1844; the borough was chartered in 1893; and the two were combined in 1895.
- Before 1 749 brass works were in operation at Waterbury - the great brass manufacturing business there growing out of the making of metal buttons.
- The principal cities, having a population of more than 20,000, were New Haven (108,027), Hartford (79, 8 5 0), Bridgeport (70,966), Waterbury (45,859), New Britain (2 5,99 8), and Meriden (24,296).
- The bureau of labour statistics has among its duties the giving of information to immigrant labourers regarding their legal rights: it has free employment agencies at Bridgeport, Norwich, Hartford, New Haven and Waterbury.Advertisement
- A number of Presidential candidates have campaigned in Waterbury due to its pivotal role in statewide elections.
- Considered the quiet member of the group, Darren is from Waterbury, Connecticut, but he moved to Miami to advance his inking career.
- The company actually started in 1854 as the Waterbury Clock Company.