Water-table sentence example
- Draining reduces the "surface tension" of the capil= lary water by removal of the excess, but the "water-table" may be many feet below.
- Sutton Common lies in an area of very low-lying land with a high water table.
- Above the water table is the zone where the ground is not fully saturated.
- The three months of rain have waterlogged the ground and built up the water table.
- Castlemorton Common was probable left un-enclosed because its relatively poor soils and high water table made agricultural development difficult.Advertisement
- In an impervious clay the flow of the water is much impeded and the water-table can be controlled only by frequent lines of pipes.
- Properly constructed perched water table greens with the right specification have lasted for 40 years.
- Above the "water-table" the water is held by capillarity, and the percentage of water held decreases as we approach the surface where there may be perfect dryness.
- In clays whose particles are exceedingly minute the water travels very slowly but may ultimately reach a height of many feet above the level of the " water-table " below.
- The surface of the water in the supersaturated soil is known as the "water-table" and is exemplified in water standing in a well.Advertisement