Water plant sentence example
- The mature dragon-fly nymph, for example, makes its way out of the water in which the early stages have been passed and, clinging to some water-plant, undergoes the final ecdysis that the imago may emerge into the air.
- Hottonia (water violet) is a floating water plant with submerged leaves cut into fine linear segments.
- A heavy water plant could support a reactor for producing weapons grade plutonium.
- The valley is perhaps best known historically for the heavy water plant at Vemork that the allies destroyed during the second world war.
- A. Caroliniana is a very small and curious water-plant, which floats on water quite free of soil, the tufts of delicate green leaves like tiny emeralds.Advertisement
- Cape Pond-flower (Aponogeton) - A. distachyon is a beautiful and fragrant water-plant from the Cape of Good Hope, hardy in many parts of these islands.
- It is a water plant for association with the taller sedges, Bulrush, and bolder water-side plants.
- H. Morsus-ranae is a native water-plant, having floating leaves and pretty white flowers, and well worth introducing to ponds.
- S. aloides is an interesting native water-plant with a compact vasiform tuft of leaves, from the centre of which arises in summer a spike of unattractive blossoms.